VXL1-16P Firmware V2.0.0
- To update the VXL1-16P firmware, please refer to the VXL1-16P Firmware Updater User Guide. To update the Dante Firmware, please refer to the Dante Firmware Update Manager User Guide.
- Do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network. Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts. Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
This zip file includes the following software.
- VXL1-16P Dante Firmware 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 - 1.0.2.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New Functions in V2.0.0
- Supports AES67.
Improvements in V2.0.0
- The remote control has been modified to accept commands correctly even if unnecessary spaces have been included at the beginning or end of the command string.
- Unit IDs between 1 and 127 can now be used for the remote control. For details, refer to the VXL1-16P Remote Control Protocol Specifications V 2.0.0.
New Functions in V1.2.0
- You can now set the IP address using remote control protocol commands. For details, refer to the VXL1-16P Remote Control Protocol Specifications Version 1.2.0.
- Now supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), a remote management protocol. It can be used in an environment combined with the ADECIA RM-CR.
New Functions in V1.1.0
- Now supports the RM series devices.
- Now supports detection/automatic patches operations from RM-CR, by using RM-CR's Web UI.
Fixed Bugs in V1.1.0
- Fixed the problem in which, depending on the combination of the PoE compliant switch and other PoE compliant devices used, the VXL1-16P operates at a volume lower than the original performance.
- Power cycle the Dante-enabled devices that have been upgraded, to finish applying the firmware update and restore your configuration. If the device is not power cycled or rebooted, the update will not be applied.
- In the Dante model, Dante Device Labels can be changed arbitrarily and permanently. These changes can be made from the Dante Controller software.
However, since the five initial characters are used for device identification (decided by UNIT ID), they should not be changed. The 6th character and subsequent ones can be changed arbitrarily.
Moreover, the following rules concerning Dante Device Labels are common to all Dante devices (and not just this one):
- Conventional characters (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase), numerals, or hyphens (-) can be used.
- A maximum of 31 characters can be entered.
System Requirements for VXL1-16P Firmware Updater
|OS||Windows 11/Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit)|
|CPU||1 GHz or faster processor|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Other||Ethernet (1000BASE-T) is required.|
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020