ADECIA Firmware V1.2.0 (Previous version)
This firmware is used for the ADECIA Solution.
This firmware contains all the firmware for RM series devices and VXL1-16P required for the ADECIA Solution.
- You can update the firmware via the Web GUI “RM-CR Device Manager”. For details, refer to the RM-CR Reference Manual.
- If the Web GUI is not correctly displayed, try any of the following.
- Close, then open the Web GUI.
- Log off, then log on to the Web GUI.
- Clear the browser’s cache, and then start the Web GUI.
- With a Dante network, do not use the EEE function* of the network switch. Although mutual power consumption settings are automatically adjusted between switches that support the EEE function, some switches do not perform that properly. As a result, the switch’s EEE function may be enabled inappropriately in the Dante network, possibly degrading clock synchronization performance and interrupting audio. Therefore, please note the following.
- When using managed switches, turn off the EEE function on all ports used for Dante. Do not use a switch that does not allow the EEE function to be turned off.
- When using unmanaged switches, do not use switches that support the EEE function. In such switches, the EEE function cannot be turned off.
- * EEE (Energy-Efficient Ethernet) function: Technology that reduces the power consumption of Ethernet devices during periods of low network traffic; also known as Green Ethernet or IEEE802.3az.
- If the [ETHERNET SWITCH SETTINGS] is set to [Separated] mode (default) and you want to set an RM-CR Dante terminal and corporate terminal to the same IP segment, connect both terminals to the same network switch. If you connect them to different network switches, "RM Device Finder" and "ProVisionaire Control" will not be able to detect the device.
- This firmware includes the following items.
- RM-CR Firmware V1.2.0
- RM-CG Firmware V1.2.0
- RM-TT Firmware V1.2.0
- VXL1-16P Firmware V1.2.0
How to Update
Unzip the downloaded compressed file and use the “***.bundle” file.
Firmware update procedure
- Execute the following items in the ADECIA Ceiling Solution Quick Start Guide
- Execute “1. Connect devices” through “6. Match the speaker position settings to the actual mounting position”
- “7.Perform automatic audio tuning”. Click “SKIP”
- Execute the following items in the RM-CR reference manual
- Execute “FIRMWARE UPDATE”
- Execute “AUTOMATIC AUDIO TUNING”
Main Revisions and Enhancements
- Added the ADECIA wireless solution.
- Added a mute group function to link microphone muting for each group.
- Now supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), a remote management protocol.
*RM-WAP-8 is not supported.
*VXL1-16P can be used only in an environment combined with the RM-CR.
- Added the command for executing provisioning on the deployment server to the remote control protocol. For details, refer to RM Series (RM-CR/RM-CG/RM-TT/RM-WAP) Remote Control Protocol Specifications Version 1.2.0.
- You can now monitor and control the Bluetooth pair mode using remote control protocol commands.
- You can now use the Web GUI "RM-TT Device Manager."
- Added a push-to-talk function that enables the microphone only while the button is pressed.
- Added a function to light up the microphone's LED according to the directionality setting. It can be used for the three cardioid types and the bidirectional type.
- You can now set the IP address using remote control protocol commands. For details, refer to the VXL1-16P Remote Control Protocol Specifications Version 1.2.0 (to be posted on the Yamaha website at a later date).
- Improved the description of the Web GUI.
- You can now check the compliance of versions for each device on the [Update] screen of the Web GUI "RM-CR Device Manager."
- When using SIP audio codec G.729 on two lines simultaneously, audio noise may be generated. When using two lines simultaneously, use an audio codec other than G.729.